About Los Angeles Therapist Louisa Lombard

Love M Photography 2.jpg

Hello! My name is Louisa Lombard and I am a licensed therapist who is passionate about helping sensitive people, including HSP parents, as well as teens. Professionally, I have experience working with adults and youth in a variety of settings, including in schools, agencies, and in inpatient and outpatient treatment centers. I’ve helped people struggling with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, parenting issues, victims of bullying, substance use disorders, perfectionism, school/college/career/launching challenges, relationship issues, processing difficult childhoods, among other stressors. As for how I am as a therapist, I’ve heard the words “warm,” “caring,” “intuitive” and “gently direct,” to describe me and my work.

Approximately 20% of people are more sensory sensitive than the remaining 80% of people. It can feel hard being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), a term coined by researcher and psychologist Dr. Elaine Aron. HSPs experience the good and the bad deeply. In working with clients, as well as in my own life, I know how life changing it can feel for a person to look at themselves through a new lens, and to understand that many of their qualities that made them feel different, or “other,” throughout life are simply elements of their innate sensitive and attuned nature.

Why Strong and Sensitive? Because I passionately believe that we can be both. I believe it because I have seen it often. I have been fortunate to know many people who are both highly sensitive and remarkably strong. I have been so inspired by many of the people whom I have worked with, who experienced a tremendous number of challenges as well as traumas. Their strength alongside their sensitivity inspired the name ‘Strong and Sensitive,’ and has pushed me to research as much as I can about the trait, which I bring to my practice as a therapist…along with everything else that I learned in graduate school, and the many other years of learning along the way.


  • Louisa Lombard, MA, LPCC, PPS

  • Master’s in Counseling Loyola Marymount University 2012

  • Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, CA License# 6229 (Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Therapist)

  • Pupil Personnel Services Credential in CA (School Counselor)